Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Show and Tell

Sometimes I get crafty. Here are the Rock and Roll tea towels I embroidered for my sister-in-law's wedding shower:

Here is the wedding quilt I designed and made for her. It's full of cool quotes about love and marriage:


Here's a close-up, and the back:


Today I continued my hunt for a trench coat for Drama Girl's costume for her next play "Get Smart." While I was at the thrift store, I didn't find a coat, but I did find a sugar bowl which begged to be turned into yet another pin cushion in my collection:

But I'm not the only crafty one in the family. Here is Drama Girl, working in her medium of choice - pull-out posters from pre-teen fan mags - to create personal space on the top bunk:

8 comments:

  1. I love the "personal space" wall. We had four to a room when I was a kid - two bunk beds. I remember asking my mom if I could hang stuff on the wall beside my bed. I never thought about making a wall out of my stuff. Two brothers had to move out and go to college before I finanlly had my personal space.

    http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are totally crafty. I wish I had learned to sew. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bring Bill Peet's web page to my attention. I am going to read it with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great craftyness!! I remember plastering my walls with those pull out posters way back when, love her idea to use them as little walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu did a great job on thse towels and quilt. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the tea towels too cute!- Oh how I loved teen mag posters. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Nice work. I love the tea towels. I thought that was a dead art. I have my moms and I cherish them-but I've never met anyone recently that still does this. I'm so glad you are one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The towls and quilt are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.