Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Feet

"How did Nutcracker rehearsal go?"
[Jungle Boy] "OK"
[Drama Girl] "He got another part."
"Did you get another part? Really?"
"Grunt"
"[Drama Girl] "It's another soldier part I think."
"Can you tell me about it Jungle Boy?"
"Grunt"
"Congratulations anyway. Tell me when you're ready."

later. . .
[Jungle Boy] "Can we watch 'Happy Feet?'"
"You haven't watched that in a long time. Sure. TV turnoff week is over."
"Mom?"
"Yes"
"I got another understudy part. The head soldier. I come out first. And I get to shoot the mouse! And all the soldiers have to salute me!"
"That sounds so cool. I'm glad you're enjoying it."

And later it hit me - Happy Feet. A story about a misunderstood kid who just loves to dance.

8 comments:

  1. Bless him! Maybe misunderstood, but passionate about what he enjoys. Smacks of success, fulfillment and long-term happiness if you ask me. :)

    You're a good Mama, Three Under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I want to see him on Broadway someday...I know I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may not speak when you want them to, but if you listen when they're ready to speak, you learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting... what is Alltop?
    And thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. boys are so cool. i look forward to what we will see/hear/share/not share in the future. hope i am as observant as you.

    and the poster, i remember it. i do not know why. i am going to save up lots of pennies for one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got chills. Congratulations to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see kids doing something they love to do. Congratulations on the new part!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.