Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finished for Friday the 13th

Lit and Laundry

I haven't got much to show for this week, but I've logged 54 hours on the leg torture therapy machine.


I've read 1 real book (Gods and Generals) and 2 lovely mindless books; Something about a runaway Princess and something about this guy who breaks his leg and ends up waiting to heal in a room in a house with a beautiful woman in Medieval England and the whole plot is just a retelling of "Rear Window." I can't even remember the name of that one and I read it yesterday.

I've been working on some needlework projects, but haven't finished any yet. Hope you have something to share!

8 comments:

  1. I have too many going at once, but I did finish the goofy bunny the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy week. Glad to hear you are recovering day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself have not finished anything this week. I am reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter right now and will probably finish that tonight. It's a decent book. Sort of depressing, though. I hate how so much of modern fiction is depressing.

    I am glad you are feeling well enough to post. I have been thinking about you here and there and wondering how you were doing. Hopefully things keep going well and someone picks up that paper clip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain - really I do!

    I just had a proximal and distal open patellar realignment (my second - yeah I'm such a glutton for pain that after having my right leg done, I went back and had the left one done too), 4 weeks ago today. I don't have a machine for a friend, but I do have a locked brace that I have to wear 24/7 (because of the leg being broken) except - when it comes off for therapy (so that the knee won't "freeze").

    Hang in there - my daughter had to use something similar to your torture machine, when she had knee surgery - it really did aid in her recovery.

    Had to laugh about the paper clip in your ealier post. The same kinds of things are driving me nuts at my house. Geeeesh - we have dustbunnies that are so big - I'm wondering if they are gonna leave eggs out after we've gone to bed at night!

    By-the-way, I found you via ColoradoLady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't been by in a while...Sorry to hear about the surgery...unless of course, it helps! I am currently addressing some hip pain with my chiroprator...hopefully, I just strained it...
    I'll say a prayer for your quick recovery...and that someone picks up the paperclip ;)
    Pax, E

    PS...I'm following you now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everytime I click over I am rewarded by the prettiness of your blog. Such a lovely design...

    Good for you for sticking to the yucky leg machine...looks...well, NOT FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so lame...I did the post and forgot to link in...sorry for my absent mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just spent the weekend with my husband's relatives.

    Can I swap you for the leg torture device?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.