- Use whitestrips on my teeth
- Play Mario Kart on the Wii
- Cuddle the kittens
- Listen to operas
- Sing along to operas
- Bake cookies
- Purge their closets of outgrown clothes
- Put my feet up
- Sew
- Watch Jane Austen movies while I fold laundry
- Leave the bathroom door open
- Have a quiet lunch
- Send the roomba under their beds
- Chat on the phone
- Read all my favorite blogs
- Scan ebay for favorite antiques
- Daydream
- Pull everything out of the linen closet and air it out and rearrange it
- Mop the floors
- Miss them, and wonder what they're doing right now.
Pages
▼
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
The things I'll do while my kids are at school
Today is the first day of school! (Yippee!) For any readers who do not remember those wonderful days of kissing the offspring goodbye in the morning, I'll offer a glimpse of what a typical mom might really do once she gets some breathing room.
Yikes. That's awfully ambitious. I'm just lucky if I get my walk and a shower.
ReplyDeleteGreat list. You should be able to accomplish that all by the end of school year!
ReplyDeleteAmen, to everything except the last one. I honestly didn't even notice when my kid came home this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteOf course, the fact that I was stripping wallpaper might have had something to do with that.
Enjoy the uninterrupted productivity, ThreeUnder! (Can you sing opera and play Wii at the same time? I love the visual!)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your list!
ReplyDeleteAnd I wonder how many other millions of moms out there have similar lists?