Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finished for Friday: Dancing Ghosts

I think this is my new favorite craft; doing cross stitch and beading on perforated paper.  At first I thought it was odd, using paper instead of fabric, but once I found out that this is what the Victorians used to do, I decided it's cool.

Although when I went out to find a frame today I couldn't find one exactly the right size so I'm going to order one that I know will fit.

I'm happy to have another project done before the holiday it's intended for.

What have you been up to this week?  Join in and please leave a comment.  Be sure to visit the other participants as well.  If you'd like a button, you can grab one from my sidebar.



7 comments:

  1. I used to do cross stitch still have a thousand [minor exaggeration] strands of DMC thread! I admire it greatly but no longer indulge.
    Now it's all just the quilting -oh & did I mention that my eyes are not what they used to be & cross stitch is very small!
    You are SO ready for the fall and the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed your Halloween crafts...so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and what a fun pattern.

    I've been wanting to buy perforated paper to do some projects based on descriptions in The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Sooooo excited for Halloween and fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for hosting the linky party. New follower

    Carole
    http://frogbellysoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice.

    I finished cleaning my house. Mostly. I sorta gave up with one room left.

    Does it still count as finished?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I have been wanting to learn more about cross stitch, but I haven't ever heard of perforated paper for that purpose. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.