Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Finished for Friday: Acorns

I've been working on some bigger projects, but wanted to share something finished this week so here's another tea towel I embroidered.  I used the colors indicated in the pattern but I'm not convinced they're my first choice.  I think I'm going to use this motif to make some gifts, but change the colors a little.

I tried a new tool - a marking pen that evaporates and disappears in 48 hours.  Of course that meant I got around to actually stitching these at about hour 47.  I ended up going back over some of the lines with the pen to make them darker.  I can just see myself doing this - retracing over and over because I get more ambitious about projects than I have time to do them.

What have you been up to this week?  Link up and let us see!  Thanks for joining in!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting yet another great party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used a disappearing pen to marking a couple of wholecloth quilts so I hope that I can get them quilted tomorrow with baby Matthew here!
    Last weekend I made a little acorn mat, it's on my kitchen counter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.