Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Deductive Reasoning

A lunch has been left on the counter.  Feeling like a nice mom today, I decide to drive it over to the school and drop it off.  But who made this lunch?  Let's examine the lunch and the facts:

The Lunch:
  • packed in a brown paper bag
  • fruit cup and plastic spoon
  • creamy peanut butter sandwich with jelly, cut in half
  • chewy bar
  • forgot to pack the fresh homemade cookies!
The Facts:
  • Kids A & B prefer crunchy peanut butter
  • Kids A & B like fruit cups, C not so much
  • Kid B never cuts his sandwich in half
  • Kid C usually doesn't make a sandwich
  • Kid C doesn't like jelly on peanut butter
  • Kid A sometimes uses her own insulated lunch bag
  • Kids B and C always use brown paper bags for lunches
  • Kid C thinks of her sweet tooth before anything else
  • Kid B gets distracted while doing things
  • Kid C is always running late in the morning and tries to do 3 things at once
  • Kid A had her hands full in the morning with bookbag, alto saxophone *and* tenor saxophone
So who did I deliver the lunch to?  And who did it really belong to?  Answer to come tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Kid C? Great post and I've always stunk at these kinds of problems. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending this to my kid who's studying for his SAT--maybe it'll sink in.

    Very cleverl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kid D? (I have no kids and even I have a kid D).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband? (I'm really bad at these.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When in doubt, I always pick C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote it was kid B!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think kid A. And I think you are very kind to take the lunch to school. Hope it was appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.