I'm a semi-techy person. I was an early adopter of a palm pilot and have used palm smartphones for years. So when I heard HP might be discontinuing their line of palm tablets, I jumped on the chance to get them at firesale prices. We're a tablet family now.
I've figured out how to do a lot of things with mine - keep up with blogs with the RSS reader, type documents on the go with google docs, play a few cute games. It's a great tool to access my ever-changing calendar and I love that I can pull up my favorite recipes and prop it in my kitchen in much less space than a cookbook.
But my kids have officially left me behind on the technology learning curve now.
Here is Jungle Boy, doing a homework project with a friend via Skype. They were working on a poster together and were talking and showing each other what they were doing. I am in awe.
Are you thinking about getting a tablet? Amazon is making a big announcement about their new line of Kindles and tablets today.
Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.
Sure puts us to shame. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your WW!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/09/is-it-just-me-or-you-too
I use technology in the classroom every day. One of my courses is even online. But even still, the kids are way ahead of us. I am saving for an iPad. Hope to have it before conference and travel time. (Even my parents have iPads.) ~Kelly
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to get one of the new Kindle Fires when they come out. I'd love to have a little mini computer in the kitchen when I cook!
ReplyDeleteGlad the kids are making good use of their tablets!
LOL! We "visit" our little grandbabies via Skype!
ReplyDeleteI may not be very tech savvy compared to my kids but compared to DH I'm a resource person!