Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday: William Morris block 1


I picked up a beautiful book of William Morris applique patterns.  Since I have a lot of batik fabrics I thought I'd try some of the blocks using batiks against a black background.

The shapes are pretty fussy to cut out and I'm glad I'm trying this one by machine, and not by hand.  It would be very slow-going for me with all those curves and points.

Here is a close-up.


The stitching goes very very slowly, but I like the effect. 

Design wall Monday is hosted by Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Good use of Morris with batiks - I like the look of new and old together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love William Morris - I have an book of embroidery patterns based on his work - they will take me forever!! But I do want to try one.

    The batiks are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love batik and those colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous block. The black really makes the batik pop. I've always been too much of a chicken... and far too impatient... to do appliqué. Piecing takes enough all the patience I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and the batiks are a great idea. The blocks in that book look way too complicated for me but the results are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.