Pages
▼
Monday, June 11, 2012
Design Wall Monday: Doll quilt
I finished piecing my doll quilt. This has been a fun way to use up scraps, and I think I've done enough tiny triangles to satisfy me for a while.
I know to be a purist I should hand quilt it, but I have so many projects I want to move forward right now I just don't know if I want to spend the time on it. There are a LOT of intersections and layers to work through on this. Maybe I'll just do a very minimal amount of quilting and call it a day so I can move on.
The stars on my design wall are joined into rows. I need to join up the rows and start on the border triangles, which are all cut out and ready to go. I'm optimistic that I might get this one done by the 4th of July - but June is zipping by so fast!
A lot of things going on at my house. As always, a little stitching helps me preserve my sanity.
Design Wall Monday is hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times.
If I don't get to put some stitch's in something every day you better get outta my way. I'm with you. Shirley
ReplyDeleteThe doll quilt is so cute! I think I can make that with all the left over triangles I've already stitched. Have some just as small as that. The star quilt is going to be a hit on the 4th. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about this purist thing. You can bet that had our great grandmothers and older had sewing machines they would have used them for their quilting. I have a quilt from my mother-in-law's mother where the applique is by machine. She hated quilting but had to make them. She used the sewing machine when ever possible. \\
ReplyDeleteI finished a little quilt last week and gave it to my dad, so I won't call it a doll quilt.
http://www.heatherpearson.com/2012/06/needlework-tuesday-keep-on-stitching.html
The doll quilt is dahling...
ReplyDeleteI love both of these! That doll quilt is adorable -- lots of tiny pieces. And your stars look wonderful -Oh for more hours in a day to sew!
ReplyDeleteI love both of these! That doll quilt is adorable -- lots of tiny pieces. And your stars look wonderful -Oh for more hours in a day to sew!
ReplyDelete