Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Finished for Friday: Santa Needlepoint Pillow

I finished this pillow earlier this year and have been waiting until December to share it.   It's from a vintage needlepoint kit and it was a joy to stitch.

I've always joked that Santa looks best with his green mittens.  I don't know why I find that look so appealing to me.  A lot of vintage pictures and figurines of Santa show him with green mittens.  Here are my winking salt and pepper shakers:

Several of the Santas on my tree have green mittens too.  I think I need to make some more.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching and finishing! I know what you mean about Santa and his green mittens. Hubby bought a little Santa figure for our house this week and he has bare hands - he just looks wrong. I will have to make some for him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Several years ago, I bought a kit that's similar to the first Santa from a crafty store that was going out of business. It's still waiting to be started. It was so long ago I forgot about it until now. Thanks for reminding me about it and for sharing your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.