Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finished for Friday: Needlework Shoppe


This is the needlework shop from a series of Christmas village buildings available from Mill Hill. I had so much fun making this.  I might need to make a few more of the buildings.  They certainly take up less space and cost less than the big ceramic village I have.  Do you have a Christmas village?

I just put the frame over it for the picture, I need to put it all together - I do see the object under the frame in the lower left.  Didn't notice it when I took the picture.




This gives an idea of the hundreds of beads that went into it.  A bit time-consuming!

What have you been up to this week?  I hope you've checked things off your list.  Come and share so we can all cheer you on.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Barbara Jean said...

AMAZING stitchery!!

Thanks for hosting. I actually got something done this week. =)

blessings

barbara jean

Miri said...

Oh this is just lovely! I just love how you added the little Snowman...the details are fantastic!

The Mother said...

You do such amazing work.

I have 40 yds of burlap sitting in my workroom waiting for me to turn them into burlap sacks for a boy scout event. Yet another example of how opening one's mouth and admitting one can sew is a bad idea.

Alas, not only not finished for Friday, but not even started.

Alisa said...

That is fantastic! Great job.

Laura said...

Yay for beautiful Christmas things! Thanks for hosting again!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful details! You do amazing work!

AmberLou said...

I need to break out my embroidery stuff. This is great!

There is an award for you at my blog

http://thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

AmberLou

Melissa said...

I can see how this one would be fun to work on - it has a great wintery/dickensian feel about it.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs