Friday, September 14, 2012

The Quilt is Done! The Quilt is Done!

Today I put the last stitches in "Henrietta Whiskers."  Yay!  This quilt has been a lot of fun to make.

There are bits of wool felt scattered through the applique, like this acorn.

I quilted a feather pattern in the border with purple thread, which hardly shows up. I felt like it needed some more purple though, to go with that bright acorn top in the lower left of the quilt.





Lots of buttons and embroidery.  This was a free pattern from Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.  The pattern is no longer free, but is still available.  You can check out her current free pattern while you're there.

All of these little squirrels with acorns must mean that Fall is upon us.  This one is up on the wall now and I think that means its time to get out the rest of the Fall quilts and start hoarding canned pumpkin again for all my Fall baking.


Have a great weekend!  I'll just be here admiring my quilt.



4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

A beautiful quilt! I've saved this pattern and will have to put it on my must make list. At the moment I'm designing a quilt for my youngest granddaughter's first big gir's bed. She's a Peppa Pig fanatic so Peppa will feature prominantly. :)

Tami said...

Wow - that is gorgeous. And what a lot of work. Thanks for sharing - it inspires me to get back to the sewing room.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quilt, so much work, love the cute animals!

Laura said...

The quilt is beautiful!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs