Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finished for Friday! Join the fun

I got a few little things done this week; here's a pair of shopping bags from the fabulous pattern on craftster. These will be a Christmas gift.


A little felt candle mat from the free pattern this month at Bird Brain Designs. I was going to give this as a gift, but I think I might keep it. I'm so selfish. I love their patterns.


Finally here is a simple little baby quilt I made for a special baby who is not yet born. Some kind of record for me, actually finishing a quilt before the baby arrives. I don't know if you can tell, but it's different dog-themed fabrics. All flannel, so very soft.


What have you finished up this week? Link up and tell us about a craft, or a book you've read, or a project of any kind. Let's celebrate the things we do that stay done (unlike laundry and dishes!).

16 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Patty said...

The candle mat is so cute! I vote for keeping it. It's always fun to see your quilts. I didn't finish anything this week. But I did see the latest articles about Caribou Barbie. Interesting stuff. I hope she goes away now and we don't have to hear anymore about her. (I'm thinking I need to go make something right now.)

Anonymous said...

I love that baby quilt, its gorgeous! I just had a baby boy and my bff gave me a quilt that she knitted and my hubby bought me a gorgeous diamond ring from www.idonowidont.com as a birthing gift.

You're really talented, I love the bag pattern too!

P.S. the birthing gift idea was from the blog we read on that site:
http://www.idonowidont.com/blog/giving-birth-means-a-nice-gift-for-mom/

Laura said...

Those shopping bags are a)so cute and b) so practical.
Perfect gifts.

Liz Jimenez said...

Nice! I don't have anything *finished*, but definite progress made. I'll see if I can take a picture before the end of the day. ;-)

mames said...

i love the felt coaster. it is just my style, must remember to visit that link. i love how you can crank out a quilt for the friday finishing. and great quilts they are, that will be a warm and snuggles baby for sure.

Des said...

Man, I wish I had something to link to. I'm just so pleased with myself for having a weeks worth of posts! This retreat has given me FOUR weeks of posts actually, start to finish.

But I love this idea and I can't wait until the pre-posted retreat stuff is done and then I will really have to be productive again.

I can't believe all that you've gotten done. That's awesome!

Cheryl Lage said...

ThreeUnder, you are THE most productive person I know! Unbelievable stuff, and all purty.

My contribution this week may not "stay done," but I can hope, can't I?

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is a real "duh" moment for me but.....I never considered quilting with flannel. Your quilt looks great. I will have to think about that for next time. There are so many cute flannels. I got in a flannel PJ pants groove a few years ago and made like 15 pair....just because I could not say no to the fabric.

Alisa said...

You are being super productive! Thanks for the motivation to keep moving. I love your stuff. I'm going to have more to add to my list for gift giving.

Browndirtcottage said...

i swear girl...i think the fabric on your couch is the same fabric i have hanging here in my house....i just love this fabric...it would go in any color room in my house......seems you have been busy!

debi9kids said...

These are fantastic! LOVE the candle quilt. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love that candle mat!! Gorgeous! I've not finished anything this week -- yet.
The shopping bags are great. I think I'll make a few and give them as gifts too!

Anonymous said...

You are just so good! I'm jealous.

LuAnn said...

I love the shopping bag. The fabric is great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by my "Busy Life of a Single Mom" blog and posting the recommendation for blood work. I'm going to be sure to keep up with anything I accomplish this week and try to remember to post my accomplishments! Thanks for thinking of me!!!

Jennifer said...

After our move this winter, I'm finally going to learn how to sew! LOL I learned a little bit in my Home Ec. class in middle school, although I had the most lop sided boxer shorts in class.

I want to start small - bandanas, aprons, skirts... any suggestions for websites?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs