Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finished for Friday: Adventures with Velvet

This needlepoint piece has been sitting in my sewing room for many months, after spending many months before that stitching it. I get stuck putting things together sometimes. So today I got out the red velvet to back this pillow. Have you ever cut into velvet? It explodes. Little red velvet crumbs all over my sewing room, and all over me. Quite a mess. But I'm glad to get this out of my sewing area and off my to-do list.

Finished any projects this week? Want to link up to a post about your decorating or tree trimming? I'd love to see.



What has the elf been up to?



Duncan chose Wasabi Girl's little guitar for a hiding place. Let's see how long it takes for her to find him. She has pretty sharp eyes.

11 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Kellan said...

That is simply beautiful - great job!!

Have a great Friday - Kellan

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I don't think I have ever cut velvet, but I will remember what happens when you do.

Laura said...

Beautiful pillow work.
The Elf is looking for his pick?

Patty said...

Oh, I like your Santa with the animals. And, I think we need a graphic for FFF.

Veronica Lee said...

Wow,the Santa piece is beautiful!

What A Card said...

Oh, that Santa is amazing! You're so talented.

And I'm so happy to finally be playing along for Finished for Friday :)

Cheryl Lage said...

Seriously ThreeUnder, do you sleep? I am in utter awe, and playing along about as lamely as one may today. Beautiful work -- as always!

Anonymous said...

Wow that santa came out AMAZING!! So pretty!!!

PS The elf is really growing on me and I enjoy the new thing he does each day :-D

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I finally finished uploading photos to my 2nd blog for October's photo-a-day challenge. I'm so far behind, but I'm not fretting :)

Browndirtcottage said...

he looks like he could come be on MY buffet!..........my address is:........

Eileen said...

darn..I missed Finished for Friday again. But I did have something.. and it was velvet too! I just wasn't here at all on Friday so didn't get a chance to post a blog. Your Santa is terrific!!

Bet elf was not in that hiding spot for long.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs