Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Angel Cat Debut

Angel Ashleigh

related [litandlaundry.blogspot.com]
Angel Ashleigh


I want to thank everyone for leaving the kind comments and sending emails etc. It really means a lot to me and my family. Coping with the death of a pet is part of being a pet owner, and at their age, my kids understand it all well. It's touching to see how they are treating eachother much more gently than usual.

We've had some fun reminiscing about her, so I hope it doesn't seem too odd to post something a little lighter today. Through the tears we're celebrating the joy she gave us. We're also lavishing attention on her sister Nina, who is wandering around the house more than usual. Not sure if she misses her sister yet or not.

I feel so lucky to have the support of all of you. Thank you.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Liz Jimenez said...

Heya. I'm so sorry for the loss of Ashleigh. It's just awful to lose a small, furry member of the family. I'm glad it sounds like you're all doing OK.

And no, I don't think the comic is weird. It seems like a great way to remember the kitty you adored in the way she really was. I can only hope to be remembered with honesty and humor when it's my time, not just dreamy ideals. That's not me!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh ThreeUnder, I am so sorry about Ashleigh's passing, but so happy to see you honoring her memory with humor and light.

I'm betting she appreciates it greatly from her Persian rugged Heaven!

Peace, Sister. :)

The Raggedy Girl said...

I can't quite envison a heaven without animals. Whenever I think of my Dad hitting the gates of heaven I always picture his beloved dog, Laddie, just standing there waiting for him and now they are both young, both strong and both healthy and both together. I am so sorry for your loss.
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. I had tears in my eyes reading about it. But you did the right thing.

I love the cartoon Ashleigh; that's such a great idea. And I agree with Raggedy Girl; I cannot imagine a Heaven without animals.

Anonymous said...

Pets leave such indelible paw prints in our hearts that the loss of our furry friends is often times so incredibly painful.

My thoughts are with you and your kiddos.

Furry hugs from our furbeasts here at the asylum.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, I know it's so hard!

Mom said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hard losing a pet can be.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs