Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finished for Friday: One Word

Lit and Laundry

I hope you can join me with something you've finished up this week. Please add your link to Mr. Linky and grab a button from my sidebar to link back to me if you're playing along.



This week the kids were home from school and we had days and days of rain. Good stitching weather. I have a lot of works in progress, but a few little things that I actually finished. These two embroidered blocks are from the "Christmas Wishes" block of the month project offered free by Gail Pan. I just love them.

OK, I know Valentine's Day is over, but that doesn't mean I got everything done in time. This is another free design from The Workbasket. I did most of this one while sitting with Drama Girl watching an old BBC production of "The Six Wives of Henry VIII." She's studying Katherine of Aragon for a school project. It was a perfect movie because Queen Katherine is doing embroidery in almost every scene.

Now it's your turn! Thanks for playing along.

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Coloradolady said...

These are beautiful! I decided to play along this week...I finally finished something....this may be my one and only time to get to participate...but I am excited to say I did finish one task!

HeatherV said...

Your handywork makes me want to take a beginer sewing class once summer break gets here! I DID get alot accomplished, it just didn't feel like a productive week.

I will include pics of my Hail to the Chief Corner once I get it up in my classroom next week. A much more interesting picture than my clean oven or my resume!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I posted my elephant. Then my first commenter asked about the lack of ears. Ooops!! It was done in my mind! Maybe I will have time after lunch to add ears so it is still done for today.

owlfan said...

I finally got a project done before Friday night! I have good intentions, but all too often don't get anything actually finished. This week it is a tied fleece blanket.

LauraC said...

Not a crafty F4F but still some big accomplishments at my house!

Alisa said...

So very beautiful. I love the simplicity of the blocks! It is never too late for love.

Jules said...

Very cute! I wish I could say I have some stitching or crocheting done, I have plenty that isn't!! O'well maybe next time.
Take care! ;0)

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love the story behind the heart and I would love to watch those again too!

Have a great weekend from
Roberta Anne

Jeanne said...

I finished an embroidery BOM (Altho this block was for January) but I FINISHED IT so that should count. :)

Jeanne said...

Ok, I left one comment, then checked out your blog a little more, I once had 3 kids under 1 1/2 and 1 set of twins, which I am guessing you have too. Mine are all 3 Girls, now they are 25 and 23 respectively. Lesley-oldest, is 25, Kelsey and Kendra the twins are 23 going to be 24 in April. TOO FUNNY. Doesn't it make you want to cry when you see someone with that many kids, REMEMBER Trying to get them out to the car!!!!!! Well we live in Wisconsin so we had snow suits on all of them and had to carry all 3 of them to the car 1 at a time!!!!!!!! Remember trying to FIX DINNER????? I could go on and on but I won't. LOL. Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I love the heart.

Patty said...

Those blocks are on my to-do list. I should get to them in about 2013. And, I love love love the heart. The red fabric and the rick rack make me swoon. I attempted to turn a cross stitch into a heart-shaped ornament once and it didn't turn out well at all. I ended up tossing it out.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs