But my dilemma now is deciding which solid color I want to use as a background between all these little flowers. Everyone in my family has a different opinion. I'm leaning towards the darker purple. What do you think?
Playing with colors always makes me smile. To see more happy thoughts for Monday, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.
I love your hexagon flowers. They are just so sweet. (Almost makes me want to make some myself but I deplore hand sewing)
ReplyDeleteI like the dark purple too, or that dusty pink at the top left of your photograph.
The yellow looks good, but I think might be a bit much if you did the whole background in that colour.
I'm eagerly awaiting the finished quilt now!
I guess it's traditional to use all one color, but I think it looks so pretty with all those different colors, a ring of a different color around each set.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to choose, but I think I would not use the yellow or the lavender. I'm not much of a pink person, but I think the dark rose looks really good with them.
Good luck and I can't wait to see the finish later on.
I'd say definitely the dark rose or the darker purple. I'd prefer any dark color tho, that's just me!
ReplyDeleteLove the little hexagons. I just got some tiny vintage scraps, maybe I'll try some at my next craft group.
Kathy
I like the pink, but I think the dark purple works better with all the colors of the flowers.
ReplyDeleteAwesome work!
does it have to be the same background? I love them all. Though if you insist on one, all I can say is the yellow is my least favourite.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful project! Personally, I like the pink (top left corner) or the blue (top right corner). The blue is my favorite out of the two, but that probably isn't much help, is it? What a nice blog.
ReplyDeleteMaybe go with 2 colors as background. A quilt can be made however you want (as you know this already)
ReplyDeleteI like the darker colors.
I love that you've been making these! It's on my techniques to try. Sometime. When I have more time.
ReplyDeleteI like the darker purple and the pink.
The very first quilt I made was a little English hand pieced hexagon quilt. I can't remember what became of it sadly.
ReplyDeleteI think the yellow fabric would be my choice. I don't usually choose yellow for anything, but it makes the hexagons stand out more than the other fabrics.
I love the Yellow :) I think it makes the flowers pop and not blend in so much. Its interesting to see how everyone thinks differently :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle
I like the dark blue, then the dark pink, then the dark purple. This surprises me because purple is my favorite color. I think the blues in the pattern prints really stand out well on the blue background. I might just do 3 colors and have some fun.
ReplyDelete