Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Makes My Monday: The Classical Music Fan

I have the twins' ipods on my iTunes account. It was just easier when we set it up to have all of  the transactions go through a single account. Also, I have the largest collection of music, so it's easiest to just slide things onto their hardware.

About a year ago, my son asked me to download some trumpet pieces, since he plays the trumpet. He's always liked classical music (it gets played a lot in our house) so I gave him dozens of different types of pieces.

Yesterday, he asked for the William Tell Overture. I think his band teacher had played a recording of it. I connected his ipod to my computer and prepared to load it.

One of the features on the iTunes software is the ability to see how many times a song has been played. Out of curiosity, I sorted his music by number of plays and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the most popular piece.

The Haydn trumpet concerto in E flat Major. 533 plays. Five hundred, thirty-three.

I guess he likes that piece.  I'm astounded.

Finding out what my son really loves makes my Monday.  To see more Monday makers, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

3 comments:

  1. Your children awe me. As do you. 533!!!! That is just beyond inspirational.

    Thank you so much for Making My Monday, ThreeUnder! (now I need to go cue something more dignified... ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!

    Both the piece AND the discovery. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.