It's Needlework Tuesday! Time to show what I'm working on, progress or not. I realized this morning that it's important for me to always have a variety of projects.
First, there's the detailed long-term epic project that's almost like brain surgery:
That's my Snow White cross stitch project.
Then there's the thread-counting project that requires concentration, but goes pretty fast if I'm not distracted:
That's my "Caldron" project. I'm waiting for some special hand-dyed threads to come in so I can move forward on that.
Then there's the even less concentration project I can do while I watch a movie (or lately, lots of Dr. Who with Drama Girl) and talk and multi-task. I only need to check the color chart once in a while on this, but no counting stitches:
Then there's the project for sitting outside in the sun, taking along in the car, absolutely no concentration involved at all:
A series of quilt blocks for my "Jolly Halloween" quilt I've just started.
I guess that's why I always have a lot of projects going - I'm the Goldilocks of needlework. I always need something that's "just right."
Visit Heather at Books and Quilts for more Needlework Tuesday.
I usually have several projects going at the same time. I had forgotten about my embroidered pillow cars. Will pull them out next week. Yesterday on a car trip with my family and niece, I darned in all those ends on an afghan I had made her when she was visiting us. She never got around.to them. Great to have them all done. Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteI too have lots of projects on the go at the one time. I have a country style quilt I work on while travelling (the stitching doesn't have to be perfect for the naive style quilt blocks.
ReplyDeleteI have a Christmas Baltimore quilt I'm working on when I have the time to sit and give it my attention, lots of machine quilts on the go depending on what I feel like doing and, as it's winter here, I'm knitting socks while watching television each night. Whew!