Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Art Deco Beauty

I haven't participated in Vintage Thingie Thursday for a while, but today I feel so lucky to have found this beautiful plate. 

It's a Homer Laughlin official souvenir plate from the International Golden Gate Exposition.  This one is from 1939.  I looked around online and there is another that is identical except the seal in the middle has 1940.  The artwork around the edge is just beautiful.

There is a purple elephant with flags behind him and various flames around him.

Pagodas

Also a stylized view of sunset through the Golden Gate bridge.  California poppies are all around the inner rim.

I'm glad that when I dropped some old things off at the thrift store today I took a few minutes to go inside!  This is a nice addition to my collection.

See more Vintage things at Coloradolady



1 comment:

  1. It is indeed a collector's find. I Have seen a lot of homer Laughlin dishes but none like this. It is getting very popular again. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.