Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

My baby's back


My beautiful pink Morse sewing machine is back from her vacation with the restoration guy.  She had every little mechanism fixed and fine-tuned.  The mechanic even removed the "Morse" lettering and touched up the black paint between the letters.  It's like she's been to the spa and the cosmetic surgeon.  There were a lot of signs of wear and tear but now she sews beautifully and fast with a soft hum.

Hats off to S.O.S. Machines for the wonderful restoration work.  Visit the website for some beautiful vintage machine eye candy.

She has a faint smell of lubricant still, so I'm going to run some old fabric through just to make sure there isn't any excess. Then I'm going to assign her a project.  I think she needs some vintage fabric to work on.  I was able to get  a case too, so she has a stable base now.

What should she work on first?

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful. Her time was well spent at the spa. Thank you for the link. I just love old sewing machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful machine - worth the restoration cost, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.