Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Needlework Tuesday: Santa's Village Framed

Here is the final picture for this project I started a year ago.  I'm so happy to finally have it finished and framed.  I think the framer did a beautiful job.  Sorry about the reflection of my skylight in the upper left.

It's getting hard to hold back the tide of Christmas around here.  My amaryllis insisted on starting the show a few weeks early:





I've been working on my Christmas quilt.  Each block seems to need a million pieces.  Here is an example of the tree block.  I only had to rip out and re-sew one seam in this one.  It's a challenge to keep everything the right direction as I'm sewing.





Linking up today with Heather at Books and Quilts.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Marie said...

Oh, your Santa's Village is so nice framed! It's always a challenge to shoot art that's framed with glass. You did a good job.

Love the flower. I've never tried to grow an amaryllis. I'd probably kill it. ;)

Your tree block is terrific! Good luck with the rest of the quilt.

Heather said...

Your Santa's Village is amazing, it actually brought a tear to my eyes when I first scrolled down to it. Wow. What pattern are you using for your Christmas quilt, that tree block is lovely?

Thanks for linking up for Needlework Tuesday.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Your Santa's Village looks amazing all framed and finished - a perfect holiday decoration for years to come.

Rosemary said...

Your Christmas Village cross stitch looks wonderful! I can't wait to see your Christmas quilt when it's finished.

Linda said...

Love your Christmas star/tree block. Very nice!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs