Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How to Block Unwanted Pins on Pinterest

I wont deny that I have been a Pinterest addict for a long time.  It's a lot of fun to follow people who have similar interests and see what new ideas they are pinning.

Lately, however, Pinterest has become a lot less fun due to the deluge of "Promoted" pins and "Picked for You" pins.  They were cluttering up my feed until I couldn't find the real pins from people I follow.

For several months, I have used a Firefox extension and it worked beautifully.  Sadly, it's failed me over the last few days despite everything I try.

A little research led me to a new solution.  Go visit The Beth Project.  She gives simple instructions to install a greasemonkey script and BOOM!  Unwanted pins are gone.

My new Pinterest feed looks like swiss cheese - there were a LOT of unwanted pins there!  The feed has blank spots where pins were removed.

 
I would rather have the blank spaces to sail past than have a lot of pins I don't want.

I hope this solution helps you.  We Pinterest addicts have to stick together!

Are you following me on Pinterest?  Just search for "Threeundertwo."

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'd never even thought about trying to get rid of the pins that no longer fit my needs!!a

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.