Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hobnobbing with celebrities

I lead such a glamorous life in my minivan that I sometimes forget to mention the famous people who flock to me in droves. First, my beloved sister-in-law, who is featured prominently in this ad for the upcoming movie "You Don't Mess With The Zohan"**



Then there's Brad Lewis, the producer of Ratatouille. He's the mayor of our small town and last night Drama Girl and I met him at a reception honoring volunteer tutors. It went like this;

[me] "Go introduce yourself. Tell him you loved Ratatouille!"

[Drama Girl, rolling eyes] "Mom! No!"

"C'mon, I'll get my friend who knows him to introduce you!"

[silence from Drama Girl, who was probably wishing she was anyplace else]

I got the friend to introduce us, and Mr. Lewis was very enthusiastic and kind. He has a young daughter who was there.

"Nice to meet you, Drama Girl!"

[silence]

[me, bending close to Drama Girl's face as if I'm a ventriloquist] "We really liked Ratatouille!"

"Thank you."

[still me, because the one in the company who is the actual target audience for Disney/Pixar animated features refused to say anything] "What are you working on now?"

"I'm writing Cars 2. It should be out in about 4 years"

"Really?! [feigned enthusiasm] How cool is that? What's going to happen?"

"Well, Lighting McQueeen and Mater are going to go overseas this time."

"Great! Do you have any parts for 11 year old girl voice talent? [hey, if I'm going to embarrass her, I'm going the whole 9 yards!]

"umm, yeah, maybe"

And that was our scintillating conversation. Aren't you impressed? And now you can tell all your friends you got the scoop on the next Cars movie.

OK, back to the minivan.

**she's the girl on the speakerphone

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Beth said...

I know you're very pursuasive. Couldn't you have talked him out of Cars 2??? ;o)

Threeundertwo said...

I'm also a liar. I really didn't like Ratatouille, but the kids did and I was speaking up for them.

I think the only reason Cars 2 got the green light is because of the merchandising.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That would sooo have been my daughter and I!

Thanks for visiting my blog AND commenting. You make my little bloggy heart happy. =0)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Your sister's role in the movie makes me want to go see it. She is very talented.

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. Now I can tell all my friends that a friend I know knows the producer or Rat-a-whatever and you got the scoop on Cars 2. Then they'll ask how I know you, and I'll say.......um, never mind....trying to explain the whole blogger thing can be complicated. :) For 2 months, I had 3 children 2 years and under.....but even better, 5 kids, 5 and under! I was so excited to find your blog.....even more so that I'm in your bloglines. I look forward to reading more!

Threeundertwo said...

Yeah Angie! You just got promoted to my "Three Under Two Hall of Fame."

And LOL widney woman, she did have some real scenes as well, but they may have ended up on the cutting room floor. We'll actually have to go see the movie to find out. She was the bride in the fabulous wedding we attended this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey you do have the inside scoop...four years huh? That quite the wait!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Okay first, was this real? Cool.

second, I can't find your email address, I replied to you on my blog comments! Nice to hear from you...

Carissa

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs