Thursday, May 8, 2008

Plan B


Do you ever reach into your pantry and find one of these beauties? I'd like to say I was looking for an onion to cook something fabulous but it actually was discovered when investigating a funny smell. So I handed it to my son and said "ooh look! you can start a vegetable garden!" He was thrilled. I'm sure the onion was thrilled. Perfect example of plan B.

Life is full of Plan Bs (Plans B?). Nobody actually plans to have three children under the age of two. That second kid just turned out to be twins. On to plan B, in a big way. We got a bigger car, I left work to become a stay-at-home mom and I became a real expert in breastfeeding.

I've been thinking of the study I posted about yesterday. I think a lot of stress is caused for us when we are faced with an incessant need to improvise. It's stressful to keep coming up with Plan B, not to mention Plan C or D sometimes.

Like yesterday. I had plans to get several things done first thing in the morning, but one of the cats exploded. Digestive distress from both ends. There were land mines in three different rooms. Bleeech. Plan B included a mop, and that ended up throwing my schedule off. I survived, but it required some extra chocolate later.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Beth said...

I used your "One Chaper - One Chore" technique this weekend while packing. But it ended up more like "Three and a half chapters... oh shoot! I'm supposed to do some work now!!" but it still worked rather well. :o)

Threeundertwo said...

Yeah! Anything to decrease the pain of real work. Good luck on your move!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs