Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We're Number 1!

WASHINGTON, May 6 (UPI) -- Moms in the "sandwich generation" ages 35 to 54 feel more stress than any other age group as they balance child and parental care, a U.S. survey indicates.

The American Psychological Association's 2007 Stress in America survey also says while nearly 2 in 5 men and women in this age group feel overextended, the survey reveals that more women than men report experiencing extreme stress and say they manage their stress poorly.

Nearly 40 percent of those aged 35 to 54 report extreme levels of stress -- compared to 29 percent of those ages 18 to 34 and 25 percent of those older than 55.
I got up this morning at 4:00. I couldn't sleep because I was so stressed with things on my mind. So I went downstairs to my happy place (my sewing machine) and heard this on the radio. Great timing with Mothers' Day coming up. I made sure my whole family heard about it at breakfast. "I'M STRESSED! YOU'RE STRESSING ME OUT!"

I feel better already.

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs