Monday, May 5, 2008

Supermom Monday: The Lit and Laundry way

I love Mondays. The messy people are out of the house (husband included) and I can clean the darn place up.

I have a Lifebalance dynamic to-do list on my Treo, which prioritizes all my to-dos and tells me what's due and overdue. I've massaged it for years until it is a complete collection of everything I need to do in my life.

The challenging part, is the execution and check-off of all these essential things. Flip the mattress annually? Check. Get the car detailed weekly? Sometimes check. Read the Bible daily? Um, once in a while. You get the picture. If I were some kind of perfect I'd have nothing left to check off.

Today however, I had 185 overdue items as of 6am. Time to attack the list and stop being lazy. So I'm using my Lit and Laundry technique. Here it is in all its glory:

1) Read a chapter
2) Get something done
3) Repeat.

It's 9:45 am and the list is down to 160 overdue to-dos. I've been doing multiple things between chapters (a lot of them are really simple). Seven more chapters down in Les Miserables. Fabulous book. Very exciting part. I need to go scrub the sink now so I can read the next chapter.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Beth said...

Can you come help me implement your "Chapter-Chore-Chapter" technique? I'm moving in a week and havent packed one thing yet. HELP!

~Beth

magda said...

I keep an old copy of the Bible, with the Orthodox Church daily reading list, in the bathroom, and it's surprisingly effective for getting me to read it more consistently. (And it's also a good start for the day.)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs