Thursday, May 15, 2008

They call me a "Stay at Home Mom"

Here's today's schedule:
8:00-8:30 Open car doors at the elementary school. Remind people for the billionth time to **PUUUUUUULLLLL FORWAAAAAAAAARD** while I wave my hands frantically.

Before 10:00 Get either the piano teacher or my piano tuner friend to come with me to test drive the piano I found on Craigslist.

10:00 Test drive the piano I found on Craigslist. What I know about pianos you could fit into a thimble.

12:30-1:30 Lunch with the girls at the new Mediterranean restaurant.

1:30-2:30 Tutor. My favorite part of the week.

2:30 Pick up Drama Girl and her friend S. at the middle school.

2:45 Pick up Jungle Boy and Wasabi Girl and their friend V. at the elementary school.

3:00 Drive them all to our house where everyone except Wasabi Girl will change into ballet clothes and have some fabulous after-school snack I will prepare.

3:30 Drive the ballet crew to the ballet school. Simultaneously drop Wasabi girl off at her piano lesson.

4:00 Pick up Wasabi girl.

4:30 Pick up Jungle Boy and Drama Girl and S. and drive everyone home again.

5:00 Drop Wasabi Girl at her next softball playoff. I just noticed I'll probably have to feed her something before she goes.

5:30 Cook Rats on a Stick. Remind me to post the recipe sometime.

6:30 Drop Jungle Boy at his piano lesson.

7:00 Pick up Jungle Boy

7:00 Take Jungle Boy, Drama Girl and her friend S. over to see author Rick Riordan at the local public library.

Sometime later, I will put my feet up and have an adult beverage, if you know what I mean. Then I'll realize I never picked up Wasabi girl from her game. (ha ha, not really, my husband will do that.)

In the over-achiever category, I *could* make "Percy Jackson fan club" tee-shirts for Drama girl and her friend, or buttons or something. I could work on that quilt I'm trying to finish. I have to RSVP a few parties for the kids and do some work for my tutoring program. And of course, if that piano works out, I'll have to arrange payment and movers.

So now I'm wondering, how many times will I be forced to implement a Plan B today? Place your bets now. I think I'll set up a poll.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Burbank Babe said...

And here I was complaining that I had to get myself up, showered and dressed before 8 am.

There is a reason I don't have kids.

;)

You tock!

Threeundertwo said...

Let me know if you ever *want* kids. I can ship one or two off to you.

Unknown said...

You're supermom 2/3! I want to be like you when I grow up! :)

Jillybean said...

Yikes!
Your schedule sounds a bit too much like mine.
Do you ever have to get two kids at two different places at the same time?
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Our kids do that too. We even have one who doesn't think he should have to do the dishes because he didn't make them dirty.
I see from your profile that you are in San Carlos. I've been there! (American Street to be exact)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs