Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another Voyage to the Inner Sanctum of EA



Jungle Boy got to test another wii game over at Electronic Arts this morning. I love going there and seeing the nerd beehive. Sounds like it would be such a fun job, creating games, but I'm certain there's a fair amount of tediousness involved.

The campus itself is pretty cool. There is a grassy labyrinth that the kids love running through, and a lawn that looks like a full-sized soccer field. Each of the public buildings that I've been in has game stations set up in the lobby to while away the time while waiting for appointments. We moms sat back while our sons played this morning. Then when the boys were called into the secret room for the top secret testing, the moms played on Boom Blox.

He loved the game he tested, which I can't talk about, and when it was finished, he got to pick a free game to pay him for his time. He says we've got almost every single game they offer for free now. I guess we'll start collecting PC games from them next. What a deal. And I love a deal, especially when it helps me justify my own game habit.

The cartoon is just a bit of silliness. I discovered a new way to suck hours out of my day over at toonlet.com. Go check them out, if you have nothing better to do for the next few hours. They're great. In fact, one of the creators of the Sims just commented on this little cartoon I made over there. Too funny.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Crazymamaof6 said...

WOW how awesome is that? test them before they come out. LOVE THAT! i love to play games too! funny cartoon you made too! i'll have to check that out.

Anonymous said...

I'm still only hooked on solataire while my kids can play/use any game joystick known to man.

Jocasta said...

That would be amazing to have a go before they come out. Have you played one that they tested once it came out to see if there is any difference?

Threeundertwo said...

jocasta, we just started doing these testing sessions, so we haven't seen the fruits of our labors yet. It is a blast to participate though.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous!!!

I am one of those crazy moms that can play video games with the kids for hours. I was blessed with children that would love nothing more than to watch me beat their new games. Good thing because mom has not learned how to share new games yet. LOL

Claremont First Ward said...

What a totally awesome thing to be involved in!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

So, can you start testing for games to gift? Wouldn't the kids be popular if they gave their friends Wii games!! Sorry I sat on you blog for about 6 hours today. I got sidetracked by the kiddos and just came back.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs