Friday, July 18, 2008

I Try, I Believe, I Love

I was tagged for this six word memoir meme by Monkey Memories.

I Try.
My house is not always perfect, my kids don't have crisply-ironed clothes, I make a lot of mistakes as a parent and a wife and a person, but boy do I try to do it right. I care about so many things and while I wouldn't call myself a perfectionist, I would say I'm often pretty unsatisfied that I didn't do better. My sister says I do things the hard way. I think I just really try to do things the way I want them to be. I think the real danger starts when you stop trying.

I Believe.
I believe in God. I did long before my conversion and Big Fat Greek Wedding. I love the Orthodox faith. I believe in many other things as well; that childhood should last as long as possible. That teaching children to love books and music at an early age will stick with them for their whole lives, that standing up for what you believe in is worthwhile. I believe I can help make the world a better place.

I Love.
I'm writing this blog because I want to look back on it when I'm 90 and see all the love. We do a lot of silly things around here but love permeates this house and everything we do together. The love in a family is the glue of time. I want my kids to want to spend time with me when they're grown. I want all of us to spread our love through the people we meet. I get strength from the love of others, so I try to give that strength in return.

I'm supposed to tag 5 more people, but I want volunteers. So if you do this meme, leave a comment here, and I'll visit your blog and stumble a post. If you're not familiar with StumbleUpon.com, just trust me, it's a very good thing.

10 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Steph said...

I'd volunteer, but I couldn't top yours. :)

anymommy said...

Hi. I linked over from June Cleaver Nirvana because of your 'threeundertwo' name. Last year, I had three under two (now it's three under three!). Crazy times. This is a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Wow awesome one!

San Diego Momma said...

That was very heartfelt, and I loved it.

Like Steph said, I couldn't do any better than you did.

Cheryl Lage said...

What a wonderful manifesto!
(And you know, all of those aspects shine through your writing...bet it felt good to enumerate them!)

Hmmm....lemme ponder. I'm all chlorinated and water-logged at present...but like the concept of clarifying very much...

What is StumbleUpon? You're the second person to mention it to me in as many days...

Lemme go check it out.

Loved this post. I believe you are wonderful. :)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Hey, good idea with the stumble thingy. I already did a 'make-fun' of 6 word memes...I'll look it up for you...

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Here it is:
http://tinyurl.com/5t5a9o

MommyTime said...

What a very nice post -- and a lovely idea to have people tag themselves and then you stumble their posts. What a brilliant form of link love. Thanks for the visit and compliment on my post for today. It's nice to meet you !

Laura said...

Okay..here's a little 2 cents you didn't ask for.
Your six words would be great under the title of your blog.

It fits so many of us...those of us who are HUMAN anyway.

And the Stumble Upon thing just made me laugh because I don't get it and I think I just left a comment in Stumble Upon box...that's not the idea right?
Oh well..

Kira said...

Beautiful 6 word memoir 2/3!

Jamie tagged me for this same meme and I've been thinking about posting it on my blog, but I'm not quite sure that I understand what I'm supposed to do for it.

Maybe you can explain it to me if you get the chance!


Keep up the great work on your blog!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs