Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Showing up


The new year is a time for new goals but this year I read an article that really resonated with me.  Forget Setting Goals, Focus on This Instead.

It got me thinking about the process of creating.  I let so many things in day-to-day life get in the way of the creative process.  I would get a lot done if I would just get my hands on something and do a little work on it every day.  I'm going to try to build in a more consistent routine.

One of the goals that has been on my list for years is to put sleeves on some of my older quilts so they can go up on the wall.  It really doesn't take that long to do and I can finally admire some of these quilts from this vertical perspective.

So today I took the time to attach the sleeve on this while I drank my morning coffee.  It reminded me of how much I love this quilt.  I quilted it in a class taught by Kathy Sandbach, a very dear, wonderful woman who died last year after being diagnosed with frontal temporal dementia.  I cherish the time I got to spend with her.


The blocks in this quilt are actually snowball blocks on point.  I spent a long time trying to match up the different bits of toile I had to give the illusion that the blocks were a single piece.  If you look carefully you can see the four corners around the central picture. 

So that's my goal - a little bit each day. 

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs