Monday, July 7, 2008

Physics 101



centrifugal force
–noun
an outward force on a body rotating about an axis, assumed equal and opposite to the centripetal force and postulated to account for the phenomena seen by an observer in the rotating body.

[Origin: 1715–25]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


Translation: What happens to a tiger when a little boy spins it around and around while holding on to the tail.

15 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

There really should be a special science class based on the unintentional experiments of kids!

What a riot! (Well, not for the tiger, I suppose....)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Sorry for your loss...

They have giant needles to fix that.

I'm off to Urban Dictionary.com to see how they define it... I'll be right back.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

It didn't come up with anything good.

Bummer

Jaime said...

I am SO glad that's not a real cat!!

Beth said...

Poor poor kitty... I can't let my 4 year old see this. He would cry!

Pdyrholm said...

ouch... hope it's fixable.
there tend to be a lot of toy fixing when kids really gets going.

Kristen said...

That must have been quite a ride. For the tiger.

Claremont First Ward said...

Ah......proof that everyday is a science experiment. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, you get to play Animal Hospital. good for you!

Anonymous said...

Eeek Poor thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a shame. My hubby being a surgeon is the sew-er of all broken animal tales in my house...hopefully you sew too.

Centrifugal force was one of my favorite problems in physics to deal with. However as I remember it...it is also a fictitious force not appearing in Newton's laws of motion. It was a concept hard to grasp but once understood made lots of sense.

Karen Coutu said...

Oh my! Poor little tiger. LOL!!

Thanks for visiting me today!

Jocasta said...

That kid has quite an arm on him!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Shawn said...

Oh, poor thing.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs