Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Field Trip: San Francisco

We took a trip to San Francisco on Saturday. We had lunch at a lovely little restaurant called the "Blue Mermaid," which my husband thought was called the "Bloomer Maid." We're the type of family that will probably be reminding him of that one for years.

Here is Wasabi Girl demonstrating her love of calamari tentacles. I prefer the little rings myself, but there's a reason I call her Wasabi Girl.

One-man band. You should have heard him do "My Generation," complete with screaming. The crowd went wild.

Pier 39 sea lions. This is a particularly good way to drive a 12 year old girl crazy. She was dying to shop at Pier 39, so we lingered here to enjoy this view. For some reason she thought this was incredibly boring.

Break dancers. Jungle Boy was eating this up. See the guy with the crutches? Broke his leg break dancing. They called him "Broken Leg."

My favorite mammals.

"Oh look kids, Alcatraz! Everybody practice your perp walk!"

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite field trip locations. Did you eat clam chowder from Boudins? Did you see the carosel? Did you buy a $90 t-shirt being sold to the other tourists?

Yeah...I love me some Pier 39!

Liz Jimenez said...

The perp walk is cracking my ass up.

What a fun day!

Shawn said...

I wish I could just skitter over to San Francisco! Lucky dogs.

Glad you had a good time. LOL

Claremont First Ward said...

I love doing all of those things in San Francisco. Maybe the smell turned her off to the seals? :)

Anonymous said...

I love Pier 39 but I prefer shopping in Union Square too! I'm with you Wasabi Girl!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh I want to go to SF SOOOO badly!
(Barring another back surgery for hubs, we'll be San Diego bound in December, can hardly wait!)

For a second, I thought breakdancers were your favorite mammals....they're mine. ;)

jaisham said...

hello friend you got nice site keep the good work . plase visit my site http://systemideasforyou.blogspot.com/
keep in touch

Laura said...

I love these pictures. (And I loved Alcatraz too.)
I remember enjoying the sight of seals...and NOT enjoying the seal smells. So, I didn't want to leave because of the bad smell so I think I just had another margarita.

What A Card said...

Wow, that looks so fun! My sister lives in SF, but I've never been (I know, some sister I am!) I think you're starting to entice me toward a cross-country road trip!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs