Friday, August 29, 2008

First week of school: we all lived to tell about it.

Homework Helper

related [litandlaundry.blogspot.com]
Homework Helper

I think Drama Girl is starting to figure out that she has to find some homework answers on her own.

I think I'm starting to figure out that the reason her backpack weighs so much is because she is a hoarder. Let's review the pencil case she left on the counter:


Seems like an ordinary pencil case, right? Let's see what's inside:

I think the tiny ninjas are a bit much. And she seems to have enough pencils to keep all her classmates supplied. Knowing her though, in about a month she will tell me that she needs to get more pencils. They will be lost in the wilderness of her room.


The twins are ecstatic about starting middle school. Jungle Boy has already asked if he can switch from trumpet to tuba, because the band needs more tuba players. The real question is, does my house need more tuba players?

Homework Helper

related [litandlaundry.blogspot.com]
Homework Helper


I do know what the Ring of Fire is and where the Pyrenees are -- she just asked me out of context. That's my story and I 'm sticking to it.

13 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Scary Mommy said...

I remember my first day of 6th grade coming home and telling my dad "we learned about oral sex today." I don't think he asked me again what I was learning.

Laura said...

Hysterical.
AND I FIND many of those pencil cases in my classroom and in the hallway. No one claims them so they are mine.
All mine.

Beth said...

LOL! I love it. And I must say... that is an amazing pencil case. That takes some true engineering talent to fit all that in there!

~Beth

Mom/Mum said...

How many pencils does one student need????? LOL!

Coloradolady said...

That pencil case reminds me of my daughter....she keeps everything. I'm sure if I dig deep enough, I would find one in her room now. And she is a senior in college. Cute Post for the first week of school.

Elizabeth said...

LOL. I love your story, and I'd stick to it too.
I love the pencil case! It looks like mine from gradeschool!

Amy said...

yup my daughter's the same *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Ugh..that is quite the pencil case. You never know when you are going to need a ninjas at school.

magda said...

As another thing to think about regarding the trumpet/tuba question: which section do you want your son hanging out with? (Stereotypes of band sections are scarily accurate, in my experience.)

Claremont First Ward said...

SHE has ALL of that in the tiny pencil holder? WOW!

Lidian said...

We have a couple of similar pencil cases around here...I'd better find them before Tuesday, I guess.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I see nothing wrong with your answers. Especially the pair of knees one. It shows great wit and fast thinking.

What A Card said...

Ha! Ha! That was really funny. I love it :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs