Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Feet

"How did Nutcracker rehearsal go?"
[Jungle Boy] "OK"
[Drama Girl] "He got another part."
"Did you get another part? Really?"
"Grunt"
"[Drama Girl] "It's another soldier part I think."
"Can you tell me about it Jungle Boy?"
"Grunt"
"Congratulations anyway. Tell me when you're ready."

later. . .
[Jungle Boy] "Can we watch 'Happy Feet?'"
"You haven't watched that in a long time. Sure. TV turnoff week is over."
"Mom?"
"Yes"
"I got another understudy part. The head soldier. I come out first. And I get to shoot the mouse! And all the soldiers have to salute me!"
"That sounds so cool. I'm glad you're enjoying it."

And later it hit me - Happy Feet. A story about a misunderstood kid who just loves to dance.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

Bless him! Maybe misunderstood, but passionate about what he enjoys. Smacks of success, fulfillment and long-term happiness if you ask me. :)

You're a good Mama, Three Under.

Anonymous said...

So cute, I want to see him on Broadway someday...I know I will.

Laura said...

I love that HE loves to dance.

TJACK said...

They may not speak when you want them to, but if you listen when they're ready to speak, you learn a lot.

Myra said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting... what is Alltop?
And thanks for entering my giveaway!

mames said...

boys are so cool. i look forward to what we will see/hear/share/not share in the future. hope i am as observant as you.

and the poster, i remember it. i do not know why. i am going to save up lots of pennies for one of those.

Claremont First Ward said...

I just got chills. Congratulations to him!

Alisa said...

I love to see kids doing something they love to do. Congratulations on the new part!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs