Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Disneyland Plates


I'm sharing some more plates today, and this time they don't have dead people on them. These are just a few of my vintage Disneyland souvenir plates. Disneyland opened in 1955, towards the end of the transferware era. Homer Laughlin, who supplied china for the Disneyland hotel and restaurants at the park created some souvenir plates as well, and I believe this first is one of them. It features the vehicles of Main Street.

I love the depictions of the different lands in this one. The entrance of Frontierland is still very similar, and the Mark Twain still circles the Rivers of America.

This one has the most primitive artwork in each of the edge designs, but also features some wonderful rides from the past.


Vintage Thingies Thursday is hosted by Confessions of an Apron Queen. Please visit and check out all the other wonderful vintage goodies this week.

Don't forget! Friday I will be hosting "Finished for Friday." Please link up your projects and successes for the week.

17 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

Love the plates! :) I'm hoping to have a few stones to show off for Finished for Friday!

Anonymous said...

These are so great! I wish I had some of these!

Anonymous said...

WOW...they're gorgeous, my fav is the last one :)

Laura said...

Wow...I was SOOO expecting to see Mickey, Snow White, et al. on the plates which, of course, would be cute- but these are lovely.
I don't know the names of patterns but they are reminding me of a pattern that I saw on either one of my grandmother's plates or neighbor's plates.
Nice thingies.

SUMMERSTEAD said...

Like Laura, I was expecting cartoonish plates. These are just beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love these! They are so much nicer than the ones you can purchase today.

Des said...

Your just trying to torture me, I'm sure. My sister just left for D-land this morning with her 2 friends. These are AWESOME!

Ginger said...

Loved your vinage plates !What a great collection. The childern are so very cute !
enjoyed your blog very much,
hugs ginger

Tammy said...

I love your plates!

Dena said...

I was half expecting to see the plates you got at the 50th when we had our "DL Plate Mini Meet". Glad to see those aren't considered vintage yet (probably not until 2010)!! These are great though!

Coloradolady said...

I love the vintage Disney plates. Very cute. I don't see many of these around. Great post today.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a lovely collection....goodness Disneyland I loved that TV show growning up....that was a long time ago.

Miri said...

A great collection! and so unusual-Disneyland memorabilia rather than Disney characters. Thanks so much for sharing these.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely...so glad they are the sights and not the characters!
Pax.

JEWELGIRL said...

This is a cool collection! I have
not seen Disneyland plates like this before!

Patty said...

These are so cool. Nothing against Mickey and Cinderella but I like that they don't have Disney characters on them. The third one is my favorite.

Corrie said...

Amazing...my sister is totally coveting them. She loves transferware & Disney. Great combo.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs