Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Kids = Noise

Once, the house was noisy with squealing babies. Then, the house was overrun with toddlers who could shriek and giggle and bang pans like nobody's business. When they hit elementary school the kids could screech "Trick or Treat!" loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear.

It figures they'd find some way to turn up the volume again in middle school.



Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus. And seriously, you have to click over there to see the picture she has today. It's hilarious.

Don't forget to join me on Friday with something you've finished!

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Good for them! Taking up music is a wonderful hobby! I took YEARS of band and loved it.

Better for them to be squeaking and squaking on the instruments than to be causing trouble out on the streets.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Great photo. I think it is so important for children to learn to play a musical instrument. At age 64 I am struggling to learn to play the piano. It would have been so much easier at 6!
Roberta Anne

Alisa said...

At least they practice together.

Scary Mommy said...

How cute are they?!! I look forward to the day my kids make music with instruments rather than just a racket!

Laura said...

What a wonderful way to spend time.
Your house seems just filled with creativity all the time. Kudos to you.

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes...you sure have 2 cutie-patooties there

Cathi said...

I remembering learning to play the flute in school -- gives me a headache just thinking about it!! How my poor parents lived through that I'll never know!!

Lisa said...

You mean... they STAY loud? You have just shattered my preconceived notions.

I have not one drop of musical talent in my body. In choir when I was in school, the teachers told me to move my mouth but not make noise. (I am THAT bad.) But I love to listen to music and I think it's great that your kids are noisy in a good way now! :-)

Anonymous said...

*lol* It's a violin at our house!
Good Picture!

Lindsay-ann said...

That's great they can play music together. As I read this post my daughter is doing her flute practice. As you know she gets braces soon and is worried she won't be able to blow her flute anymore!
Lindsay

Debbie said...

I have two cellos, an upright bass, a flute, a piccolo and four piano players. Want to come over?

Cynthia said...

Oh, I love this! I hope my children make this kind of "noise" someday!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs