Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The things I'll do while my kids are at school

Today is the first day of school! (Yippee!) For any readers who do not remember those wonderful days of kissing the offspring goodbye in the morning, I'll offer a glimpse of what a typical mom might really do once she gets some breathing room.

  1. Use whitestrips on my teeth
  2. Play Mario Kart on the Wii
  3. Cuddle the kittens
  4. Listen to operas
  5. Sing along to operas
  6. Bake cookies
  7. Purge their closets of outgrown clothes
  8. Put my feet up
  9. Sew
  10. Watch Jane Austen movies while I fold laundry
  11. Leave the bathroom door open
  12. Have a quiet lunch
  13. Send the roomba under their beds
  14. Chat on the phone
  15. Read all my favorite blogs
  16. Scan ebay for favorite antiques
  17. Daydream
  18. Pull everything out of the linen closet and air it out and rearrange it
  19. Mop the floors
  20. Miss them, and wonder what they're doing right now.
I love my kids, but I love having the house nice and quiet for a while too, even if it's only for a few hours. Goodbye summer! Hello new school year!

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

I can't find my blog said...

Yikes. That's awfully ambitious. I'm just lucky if I get my walk and a shower.

monica said...

Great list. You should be able to accomplish that all by the end of school year!

The Mother said...

Amen, to everything except the last one. I honestly didn't even notice when my kid came home this afternoon.

Of course, the fact that I was stripping wallpaper might have had something to do with that.

Cheryl Lage said...

Enjoy the uninterrupted productivity, ThreeUnder! (Can you sing opera and play Wii at the same time? I love the visual!)

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

I LOVE your list!

And I wonder how many other millions of moms out there have similar lists?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs