Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quilt-a-thon 6:00 Wednesday

Four blocks attached now. I'm going to take a little break for dinner and give my brain a rest.

Denise asked about the stitching. I traced each pattern by taping the paper pattern to my window and taping the fabric over it. I used the finest point micron pen (.01 I think?) to draw on the fabric. Each block is stitched in stem stitch with #12 perle cotton. I like the way perle cotton looks, although you could use floss.

Once all these blocks are added, I will be embroidering all the seams. There's a lot of detail in this quilt!

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

-em said...

Looks great!

Alisa said...

That is gorgeous! Almost makes me wish I hadn't lost that battle with my sewing gene.
I'll just stick to knitting and try to hit up the mil for one of these babies!

Burbank Babe said...

WoW! That is going to look so cool once it is done!

Lily Boot said...

Utterly, utterly, utterly, awesome! I have loved watching this unfold today! That stitching is GORGEOUS! This quilt will truly be an heirloom. :-)

Coloradolady said...

I just love this....

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs