Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finished for Friday: Not Quite Yet

Here is the current state of my "Hocuspocusville" quilt. I've spent the past two days working on it almost nonstop (well, except for all those taxi trips with the kids, cooking, shopping, and sleeping). I just love the giant ric-rac!

I still need to do the embroidery between the blocks and then it's ready for basting. I'm hoping to get it finished and on display by early October.

Thank you to everyone who gave me moral support during my marathon!

Since I didn't finish this week, maybe we should designate it "Work in Progress Friday." Please join in and share your finishes and current projects. If you'd like, you can grab my button from your sidebar.

Lit and Laundry

Please be sure to visit the other participants to cheer them on, and have a great weekend!

I'm using a different Linky list today, because the old Mr. Linky isn't working for me. Let me know in the comments if you have problems.

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Coloradolady said...

The ric-rac is perfect on this quilt...adorable....

Unknown said...

I adore that giant ric-rac, and the border fabric makes me think of toile. This will be a beauty!

Alisa said...

I love it. Have I mentioned that before? I'll be waiting by my mailbox for it's delivery! :)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

that quilt is just beautiful! Love the rickrack border!

Knitty said...

Gosh, I must be a work in progress too. I could have sworn I left a comment here this morning. It was profound and sensitive and very endearing.

*wink*

I like the whimsy of Halloween so I have been enjoying seeing your progress on this quilt. The giant ric rac is a great accent!

Vegas Gal said...

Hey! Nice quilt. I finished a jigsaw puzzle this week. And I got a job! So I guess I'm not finished for Friday. I'm employed for Friday. Things are getting better.

Your sis.

Tracey said...

This is fantastic! I bought this pattern at a quilt show I went to this weekend. Can't wait to try it out!

Kaylovesvintage said...

I love it , well done

Heather said...

That is gorgeous, and the Ric Rac is perfect. I just adore the contrast of the main fabric with the quilting in the center. Great job :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs