Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Yosemite Plates

Those who have been visiting for a while know about my obsession love for transferware souvenir plates. Here is one that eluded me for ages. Although it comes up on ebay once in a while, I would regularly get outbid. But stubbornness pays off in the end. I love this plate.

While I was waiting to get that pink one, I settled for a blue smaller version that I found in a local shop. I don't collect many blue plates (too common).


My family loves Yosemite. Among my favorite memories, I remember seeing a bobcat chasing a squirrel in the snow right in front of me. Poor squirrel, I was cheering for the bobcat.

To enjoy lots of great vintage items, pop over and see Colorado Lady.

And join me tomorrow for Finished for Friday!

15 people stopped folding laundry to write:

marian said...

what gorgeous plates..i love both blue & pink :)

Coloradolady said...

These are beautiful....I love the colors of each...poor squirrel.....there I said it!!! LOL

Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

Old Time Cindy said...

Great plates. Hmmm...I usually root for the underdog, but I don't know if I would root for a squirrel!
Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Jane said...

Beautiful plates....I have neve been to Yosemite but it is on my short list of places to see.

ClassyChassy said...

I've never been a fan of vacation type plates - but these are so lovely - you may have changed my heart! Happy VTT!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful plates. I don't see many souvenir plates. These are lovely.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Postcardy said...

Those are really nice plates, though I never understood the plate collecting obsession. Souvenir plates are definitely more interesting than "collector" plates.

★Carol★ said...

I would have also cheered for the bobcat! Darn rats with furry tails!
Your transferware plates are absolutely gorgeous! And I'm happy for you that you were able to triumph and win that pink one!
Happy VTT!

rt said...

These are beautiful!

Candace said...

As soon as I saw your title, I knew I was going to love the plates! I adore transferware and these are fantastic!
Cheers!

Jingle said...

These are quite lovely! Happy VTT!

Unknown said...

Wow love the pink plate, its fabulous!! Wonderful that you finally got it!

A Collector At Heart said...

I have a thing for plates! And yours are beautiful, both the red and blue!

Dawn said...

I didn't even know there was a Yosemite transferwar plate! I also hadn't realized you are in CA too.

We camped there a lot when I was young. My favorite memories include getting on the buses soaking wet, carring rafts, trying to get back up the to our campground after floating down river, and climbing half dome with my dad when I was 10. (ok I chickend out and only went half way up the cables!)

We saw lots of bears but never a bobcat!

If you're interested in selling that blue plate now that you have the prized red one you can email me. The address is on my profile. I've got red and blue transferware so it would fit right in! If not at least I know to look for one now!Thanks for sharing it.

Dawn

greenhoneyhive said...

I am a big red and white transferware lover..Only have a few myself, but yours are wonderful.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs