Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finished for Friday: Just for Fun

Lit and Laundry

It's Friday again! Time for Show and Tell. Now that the big Halloween quilt is finished, I'm turning to all the smaller projects that are piling up around here. I finished the second pillow in the set for Halloween:

I also made a cover for our family notebook from some funny snarky "dsyfunctional family" fabric:



I also finished two books. "Persuasion" by Jane Austen, which I've read before, and "Of Beetles & Angels; A Boy's Remarkable Journey from a Refugee Camp to Harvard. "




This is an inspiring story of the author's journey from war-torn Ethiopia to America and how with perseverance, faith, and some excellent parents he managed to get a full scholarship to Harvard, where he delivered the commencement address. It's written for young adults, and my son is the one who found it at the library and brought it home, but it's a good quick read for anyone.

What have you been up to this week? I hope you join in. I hope you're ahead of me in the Halloween costume department. Maybe I'll have something to show there next week.

If you want to join in with a recent post, just add it to the linky below and feel free to grab the button from my sidebar. Be sure to visit the other participants to cheer them on. Have a great weekend!

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Barbara Jean said...

cute critters

Thanks for hosting.

blessings

barbara jean

Knitty said...

I love that fabric! Snarky is good. :) I didn't manage to finish a project for today, but I did post some feel good sentiments that I hope you will enjoy.

Alisa said...

Great stuff! Love that notebook.
No time for posting lately, but today, I will be finished with The School Carnival! Wohoo!
Then, tonight, I will be finished, probably with the help of some margaritas!
Have a great weekend.

Little Lovables said...

the pillows are so cute! loved persuasion, that last books sounds interesting, thanks!

Browndirtcottage said...

Your little pumpkin/cat pillows are just w-a-y too cute missy!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs