Sunday, December 13, 2009

Take a Bow!

Of all the proud moments in my life, and my kids have given me many, this is somewhere near the top. Here with a cast of professional ballet dancers, my son is receiving applause for his role as Fritz in The Nutcracker.

Forgive the quality of the photo, I was pretty far back and there was some dust in my eyes, if you know what I mean. *

He did a great job as the obnoxious little brother who breaks his sister's beloved toy. You'd think he'd studied the part carefully or something. Drama Girl was also in the production this year as an extra, so she did not get to take a bow with the principals. She got great laughs as the mouse who gets shot in the butt though. I told her she'll have to put that on her resume.

Seeing my son in the big league makes my Monday. To see more happy visions to start the week, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

* i.e. I had a few tears in my eyes. I'm such a sap.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

The Mother said...

Wow! How cool is that!

Unknown said...

That is amazing! One experience he'll never forget, and that is really impressive getting a principal role being so young. He (and you) should be insanely proud!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Your kids really are amazing!

Merri Ann said...

Wow, how great a memory is that? He must be so happy about that.

I would have cried, too. I think I'm going to be that mom that cries at everything. I'm going to be such an embarrassment to my kids :)

What a proud mommy moment you must have had ...

Laura said...

Wow! Congrats to your son, and to your daughter!! You must be so proud!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

That's an amazing experience for him!! I don't blame you for the tears. I'm a sap myself..I cry at the drop of a hat!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs