Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Teenage Nutrition

"Did you pack a lunch?"
"Yes mom, I packed a lunch."
"Let me see it."

*sigh* I packed her a lunch myself after I saw this. It had several actual food groups and a sandwich. Back in about 4th grade, everyone packed their own perfectly nutritious lunch. Where did that common sense go?

I'm linking this up with Wordful Wednesday, hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

Ooh I remember doing that back in high school-a lunch was a bag of tortilla chips and a container of salsa. And maybe a soda (if I'd been feeling particularly ambitious that day). I shudder now at the "meals" I used to eat...

owlfan said...

This is why I still pack a lunch for my 13 yo. I'm afraid that his lunch would look like brownies and pretzels (and maybe a cheese stick, though I don't know how good that would be by his 1pm lunchtime).

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Cheerios and a granola bar aren't half bad. I gave up making lunches as I would find them days later in the bottoms of their backpacks. Now they either make their own or wait till they get home. Not great but at least there is less waste.

The Mother said...

What, so grains and grains aren't balanced?

I have given up on mine. If they want to starve themselves, I have decided I don't care.

Shell said...

Not too bad! It definitely could be worse. My kids think chocolate should be the major food group.

I used to eat a snickers ice cream bar for lunch almost every day in h.s., so I guess they come by it honestly.

Brossettelewis said...

She's got the fiber covered! I say it's a win/win. Plus if that's it, she be hungary when she gets home and can have fruit/veg.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs