Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finished for Friday: Three Cups of Tea

This week I finished reading a great book, Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Relin.




Greg Mortenson has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work building schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan. This book recounts how he endured poverty himself so that he could fund his first school. By connecting with the local people with compassion and respect, and tireless work in the United States, he eventually became the catalyst for creation of the Central Asia Institute, an organization which has now built over 170 schools in the region. He believes that educating young women will change the world and promote peace. I can't argue with him.

This is a great read. Highly recommended.


I also finished this ornament. I didn't have a recipient in mind, but when Jungle Boy saw it, he begged for it, so this will be his next Christmas. The pattern is available at Gazette 94.

What have you been up to this week? If you're going to play along;
  • add your link to the McLinky
  • leave a comment
  • please visit the other participants to cheer them on
  • (optional) grab my Finished for Friday badge from my sidebar
Thanks for playing and have a great weekend!



5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Barbara Jean said...

Hey girl!

I'm all up and ready to go!
thanks for hosting

blessings
barbara jean

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

Good morning! Thanks for hosting this party!

Bea said...

I can see why Jungle Boy called that ornament for his own. Your needlework is awesome. Thanks for hosting and I hope you dry out soon.

Barbara Jean said...

Love the new badge, and love that you keep it small. wish everyone would so they did not take up so much room on side bar.

blessings
barbara jean

MamaJoss said...

What a great blog! My how-to books have taken over my life/reading right now - hehe. Love the cross-stitched ornament -- came out beautiful! Adding you to my blogroll today :) Have a nice weekend.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs