Monday, January 25, 2010

A Touch of Spring

Although we had a brief break in the rain on Saturday, yesterday was completely gloomy again. I set aside the other projects I was working on and made this big pincushion. I sat in my dark sewing corner in the garage and dreamed of Spring as I made it.

It's about 6" long and will probably be stuck full with pins and needles within the week. I don't know what it is about me and pincushions. They all fill up, even though I never buy new pins or needles.

It's filled with ground walnut shells and lavender, so it has a pleasant weight and smells wonderful. Patterns and kits are available at Bird Brain Designs. 25% of proceeds from sales benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Thinking of Spring with a new girly pink pincushion makes my Monday. To see more Monday Makers, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

It was a rather dark and gloomy Sunday. Hope your garage is heated 'cause it was also chilly. Beautiful pincushion.

Bea said...

Now I have spring fever. Your new pincushion is so cute.

Texasholly said...

That is absolutely precious! Too sweet to put pins in...ouch.

Angela (Cottage Magpie) said...

What an adorable project! I love felt and I have always wanted to do something pretty like this but I never seem to come up with anything this cute.
~Angela :-)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs