Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Five Star Fort

When your six year old cousin comes to play, there's one sure way to keep everybody entertained. Make a fort. After gathering up quilts from all over the house, my kids asked me for some sheets and tablecloths. Witness the result:


This is the biggest fort I've ever seen in my life. There are some tall chairs in the middle holding it up. There are a lot of books weighting edges down on the left. The cats were banished because they tried to walk across the top.

Then they dragged in a dozen big pillows and even more quilts and settled in for hours doing whatever it is kids do in a fort.

Can careers in architecture be far behind?

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

concretenprimroses said...

I love it. So many happy times come from simple things used creatively.
Kathy

Denise said...

Building forts are some of my favorite memories as a child... thanks for the fun memory trip!

Merri Ann said...

We did that in our living room yesterday ... ours was not as elaborate, though. I loved doing this as a kid, so it's fun watching mine discover the fun.

I bet the 6 year old had a blast ...

Unknown said...

That is one fantastic fort!

Anonymous said...

Great fort indeed!!! We have had our fair share and our fair share of fun! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs