Monday, March 8, 2010

Makes My Monday: Superior

Wasabi Girl took part in the annual California Music Educators Association auditions on Saturday. She received a "Superior" rating for her saxophone solo and also a Superior rating for her trio performance.

She performed before a judge who rated her and gave comments on her performances. I remember doing many of these when I was a kid and frankly, I have to say this is pretty nerve-wracking - especially for the parent. Now I know what my mom meant when she said she would stop breathing for three minutes while I played.

I am so proud of Wasabi Girl for showing her talent. She works hard and practices faithfully. Her achievement makes my Monday. For more Monday happiness, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Crochet Bug said...

Congrats to Wasabi Girl!!

Branlaadee said...

Congrats to Wasabi Girl! You must be so proud!

Kandra said...

WTG Wasabi! That's AWESOME!!!!!

Laura said...

I remember doing those kinds of contest when I was in school! Congrats to her! (And to you!)

Laura said...

Most excellent accomplishment.

Cheryl Lage said...

YES, Wasabi Girl! What an amazinf achievement. Well-earned...and well-noted on her dedication and practice Mama ThreeUnder.

Your girl's prowess and your pride Make My Monday. Thanks so much for playing along!

The Single Nester said...

Congrats! I still have my vocal awards from school and I am glad I do!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs