Monday, April 5, 2010

Makes My Monday: Back to the Routine

We had a fabulous vacation in Las Vegas! It seems to have worked out perfectly for the teen girl who likes to shop, the preteen twins who desired swimming pools and amusement park adventures, and the entire family that enjoys Broadway-style shows.

We got to see Disney's The Lion King and Phantom of the Opera. We won stuffed animals at the arcade at Circus Circus and admired the fake sky over the canals of Venice at the Venetian. We loved the dolphins and white tigers and white lions on display at the Mirage.

And we ate. And ate. And ate. Every time we turned around it seemed we had a bunch of hungry kids who needed things like burgers and fries and Belgian waffles to appease their appetites. As much as I love having someone else do the cooking, even I got tired of restaurant food.

The whole whirlwind week seemed to fly by and now we are all back to our routines. I have a pile of laundry and a pile of mail and a week's worth of cat fuzz to vacuum up.

There's nothing better than a good vacation to recharge. Now I'm off to read all the Finished for Friday entries from last week. Thanks for sticking with me!

To see more posts with happy Monday thoughts, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.









and we are all ready to go back again soon. We saw shows, swam, shopped and ate. And ate. And ate. As much as I love having someone else cook for me, even I reached capacity for restaurant food.

So now we're home again, and I face a pile of laundry and a pile of mail and I couldn't be happier.

It's been a while since I've had a good break and clearly, I needed it.

Have you been to Las Vegas recently?

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Branlaadee said...

In my 43 years of life, I have never been to Vegas. My 21 year old daughter is there as we speak. She comes home on Wed.

The Mother said...

No good vacation ever goes unpunished.

Unknown said...

You saw all of my favorite shows! Sorry we weren't able to meet up, I was exhausted by the time we got back into town!

Unknown said...

You are a tease! I love love love Vegas...as does Double Daddy...too many stories to share here, but glad to know you enjoyed your time!

Memories of Vegas, my old ones, your new ones, Make My Monday. Thanks so much for playing along!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs